The children’s classic and Carnegie shortlisted novel, The Amazing Mr Blunden is back!
Released as a Sky TV movie this Christmas, starring Mark Gatiss – a ghost story with a time-travelling twist.
We have two tickets up for grabs to attend the screening at the BFI on the 29th of November. As well as that, there will be a Q&A with writer-director-actor Mark Gatiss and actors Tamsin Greig and Simon Callow, hosted by Mark Kermode.
This spooky and magical adventure is based on the 1972 film of the same name, and Antonia Barber’s book The Amazing Mr Blunden. London teenagers Jamie and Lucy join their mum who has become caretaker of an old country house – one that’s said to be haunted. Sure enough, within its neglected grounds they have an encounter with a pair of Regency children, who are not quite what they seem.
Arrive at: 5.45pm with the screening starting at 6.15pm
Location: NFT1 at BFI London.
To find out how to enter, please head over to our Twitter.
The paperback of The Amazing Mr Blunden is available on the 9th of December. Just in time for Christmas!
1. This Twitter giveaway is to win two tickets to the BFI screening of The Amazing Mr Blunden.
2. To enter, you will need to head over to our Twitter and send us a gif of how excited you are that Christmas is almost here.
3. The winner will be selected based on the best gif the Little, Brown Book Group team choose. Their decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The competition opens at 09:01 am BST on 17/11/2021 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on 23/11/2021. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The winner’ will be contacted on the 23/11/2021. The winner may see their name posted on the Company’s (see below) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
6. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
10. The company will cover travel expenses up to £100 per person.
11. By entering the competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. This competition is being organised by Little, Brown Book Group Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”)
13. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.