Disclosure: If you buy products using the retailer buttons above, we may earn a commission from the retailers you visit.
From hiking sandstone canyons to chowing down on southwestern cuisine, fall under the spell of the Land of Enchantment with Moon New Mexico. Inside you’ll find: * Strategic, flexible itineraries with ideas for art lovers, outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more
* Top experiences and unique activities: Wander through a ghost-town graveyard, count the bullet holes in the ceilings of preserved 19th-century saloons, or visit the birthplace of the atomic bomb. Soar through New Mexico’s clear blue sky on a colorful hot air balloon. Spark inspiration and delight in the spirited art scene of Santa Fe, or seek an extraterrestrial experience at the International UFO Museum & Research Center in Roswell
* Savor the flavors: Dig into traditional local cuisine, like red sauce-smothered enchiladas, tender carne adovada, and hearty posole. Indulge in juicy green-chile cheeseburgers or opt for something lighter from one of New Mexico’s many organic farm-to-table restaurants
* Outdoor adventures: Go deep on a trek into the mesmerizing underground world of Carlsbad Caverns or venture off-trail in the De-Na-Zin Wilderness to view stunning hoodoos. Raft from surging waters to gentle currents on the Rio Grande or explore the wavelike gypsum dunes of White Sands National Park
* Ways to respectfully engage with indigenous cultures: Attend a dance ceremony or a powwow, tour a pueblo, or peruse handmade goods at a market
* Local insight from Santa Fe dweller Steven Horak
* Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to New Mexico
* Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
* Thorough background on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture, plus advice for families, seniors, international visitors, and LGBTQ+ travelers
* Focused coverage of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Navajo Nation, Las Cruces, Carlsbad, and more Find your adventure with Moon New Mexico.
Exploring more of the Southwest? Try Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon or Moon Zion & Bryce. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell-and they can’t wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
<p>Sign up to the Little, Brown newsletter for news of upcoming publications, competitions and updates from our authors. From time to time we may contact you with surveys so that we can get to know you better.</p>
<p>The data controller is <a href="https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/landing-page/little-brown-book-group/little-brown-book-group-company-information/">Little, Brown Book Group Limited</a>.</p>
<p>Read about how we’ll protect and use your data in our <a href="/imprint/little-brown/page/privacy-notice-holder-little-brown/">Privacy Notice</a>.</p>
<p>You can unsubscribe at any time via the link in any email we send you.</p>