The unmissable new thriller from the internationally bestselling author of The Girl in the Ice and Nine Elms, Robert Bryndza.
When Kate Marshall finds the bloated body of a young man floating in the Shadow Sands reservoir, the authorities label it a tragic accident.
But the details don’t add up: why was he there, in the middle of the night? If he was such a strong swimmer, how did he drown? As Kate and her assistant Tristan Harper follow the evidence, they make a far darker discovery . . .
This is only the latest victim in a series of bloody murders dating back decades. A mythic serial killer is said to hide in the rolling fog, abducting his victims like a phantom. And when another woman is taken, Kate and Tristan have a matter of days to save her from meeting the same fate.
Order a copy of Shadow Sands by Robert Bryndza and we’ll send you an exclusive hand-signed bookplate. Only available while stock lasts and further terms and conditions apply (see below). To receive your bookplate simply complete the below form and upload proof of your purchase of the hardback edition of Shadow Sands. Hardback orders from any UK retailer are eligible.
Terms and conditions apply, offer closes at 23:59 on 3rd December 2020. The offer is first-come, first-served and only available while stocks last. Your book will be shipped by the retailer you ordered with. The signed bookplate will be shipped separately and will arrive with you by no later than 10th December 2020. Please ensure any sensitive personal data is not included in your upload.
Terms & Conditions:
- This is a giveaway for 250 people to receive an A7 bookplate signed by Robert Bryndza (the “Giveaway”). To enter, please submit your proof of pre-order or purchase of his latest novel, Shadow Sands in hardback below and fill in the form. Please ensure any sensitive personal data is not included in your upload. This offer is only available while stocks last.
- The first 250 people to submit their proof of purchase of Shadow Sands using the form below will be sent the Giveaway. The offer is first-come, first-served and only available while stocks last. Your book will be shipped by the retailer you ordered with. The signed bookplate will be shipped separately and will arrive with you no earlier than 6th November 2020 and by no later than 10th December 2020.
- Entries can be uploaded between 12:01 am BST on Friday 23rd October 2020 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 3rd December 2020. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible to receive a signed bookplate.
- The giveaway is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the giveaway either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding the Giveaways to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the Giveaway or cancel the giveaway without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to the Giveaway will be provided. If an entrant is unable to accept their Giveaway or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another entrant to receive the Giveaway.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the giveaway and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/imprint/little-brown/page/privacy-notice-general-little-brown/ . It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the giveaway and delivering the Giveaways and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the giveaway. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the giveaway. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the Giveaway The company may need to provide the winner’s address and other relevant information to its distributor Hachette UK Distribution Limited or Parallel to enable the Giveaways to be sent.]
- Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/imprint/little-brown/page/privacy-notice-general-little-brown/ to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
- Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group]. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their Privacy Notice(s) to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/landing-page/company-information-all/.
- By entering to receive the Giveaway entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Little, Brown Book Group Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”).
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.