Moon Coastal Carolinas (Fourth Edition)
Outer Banks, Myrtle Beach, Charleston & Hilton Head
By Jim Morekis
Craft your ideal trip through the beauty of the Coastal Carolinas with Moon!
Get to know this historic and beautiful stretch of American coastline, from the "wreckers" of the Outer Banks to the "snowbirds" of Hilton Head with Moon Coastal Carolinas.
What you'll find in Moon Coastal Carolinas:
* Expert coverage from local author and born-and-bred southerner Jim Morekis. From climbing lighthouses in the Outer Banks to eating shrimp and grits in Charleston, Jim brings you his favorite things to do in the Coastal Carolinas.
* Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed directions and maps for exploring on your own
* In-depth coverage of The Outer Banks, North Carolina Central Coast, Charleston, Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand, Wilmington and Cape Fear, South Carolina Low Country
* Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as "The Best of the Coastal Carolinas", "Coastal Carolinas for Couples", and "African American Heritage"
* Activities and ideas for every traveler: Sample seafood (fried, grilled, or boiled) from Elizabeth City to Port Royal, but don't forget about the barbecue! Relax on the beach or explore the hundreds of windswept waterways by boat or kayak. Go hang-gliding for a shot of adventure, or go bird-watching and enjoy nature's stillness. See the historic sights of Charleston, the site of humankind's first flight at Kittyhawk, or just breathe in that salty sea air
* Current background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
* Tips for travelers on health and safety, recreation, transportation, and accommodation
With Moon Coastal Carolinas' practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Heading inland? Try Moon South Carolina or Moon North Carolina! Looking for an adventure on the open road? Check out Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip.
Jim Morekis grew up just a stone's throw from South Carolina-in Savannah, Georgia-and he's used to Charlestonians regarding his hometown as a wayward little sibling. As a young boy who loved history, Jim was fascinated with the home of the Swamp Fox and its key role in the Revolution and the Civil War. As he got older, he discovered a more important truth about the Palmetto State: Few places in America provide such a wealth of experience in such a small package.
Jim's favorite pastimes in the Carolinas include relaxing on Edisto Island, climbing lighthouses on the Outer Banks, eating shrimp and grits in Charleston, playing miniature golf at Myrtle Beach, enjoying a cold brew in Columbia's Five Points, camping along the Blue Ridge Parkway, and walking through old cemeteries. He is also learning to appreciate stock car racing just a little bit. In Jim's other life, the University of Georgia graduate is editor in chief of a weekly newspaper in Savannah, GA.
- Other details
- Publication date:
22 Feb 2018
- Page count: