In Iceland, fire and ice meet at the top of the world. Explore it all with Moon Iceland.
* Strategic Itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as “Winter Wonders,” “Get Yourself in Hot Water,” “4-Day Iceland Road Trip,” and “The Best of Reykjavk”
* Curated advice from local Jenna Gottlieb, who provides her American-expat perspective on her adopted home
* Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
* Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
* Activities and ideas for every traveler: Walk across a glacier, visit volcanoes, and relax in a hot spring. Drive the Ring Road through stark and beautiful tundra. Explore Reykjavík’s booming restaurant scene and incredible museums. Go whale watching and wildlife-spotting, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights.
* Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
* In-depth coverage of Reykjavk, Reykjanes Peninsula and the South, Snfellsnes Peninsula and the Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland and the Eastfjords, and the Highlands
* Essential insight on traveling during the challenging but rewarding winter season, on recreation, transportation, accommodations, and a handy Icelandic phrasebook, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
With Moon Iceland‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insiders view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Country-hopping in Scandanavia? Check out Moon Norway. Heading on to Europe? Try Moon Ireland or Moon Rome, Florence & Venice.