Management Starts With You is a wise, honest and practical guide to success in this challenging but fascinating role.
Among many powerful insights we learn that:
. Before we can successfully manage others we first need to manage ourselves.
· Most of us do not naturally know how to manage, but we can learn.
· Life as a manager is easier when we stop thinking about the effect of our actions on ourselves and think instead about their effect on others.
· People don’t want to be managed, but they absolutely need the security of being led.
· Being respected is much more important than being liked!
· Traditional time management techniques don’t work for managers, so we need to rethink our approach to this most precious of all resources.
· What we focus on we get more of; so we need to focus on the right things.