We have 100 ‘WE’RE IN THE WRONG TIMELINE’ patches to giveaway!
Fly your Feminist flag high with a ‘WE’RE IN THE WRONG TIMELINE’ patch, a nod at Annalee Newitz’s brilliant novel, The Future of Another Timeline – a stunning SFF novel set in a world that’s just a step away from our own, time travel is possible. But war is brewing – a secret group is trying to destroy women’s rights, and their access to the timeline.
Click here to enter.
Find out more:
"Do you remember when we had the vote?"
In a world that's just a step away from our own, time travel is possible. But war is brewing - a secret group is trying to destroy women's rights, and their access to the timeline. If they succeed, only a small elite will have the power to shape the past, present, and future.
Our only hope lies with an unlikely group of allies, from riot grrls to suffragettes, their lives separated by centuries, battling for a world where anyone can change the future. A final confrontation is coming.
The Future of Another Timeline is a breathtakingly original novel from Annalee Newitz, founding editor of io9, about the lengths we'll go to make history.
'A revolution is happening in speculative fiction, and Annalee Newitz is leading the vanguard' Wil Wheaton, actor Star Trek and Big Bang Theory
'Clever, compelling and utterly original' Laurie Penny
"Smart and profound on every level, this is a deeply satisfying novel' Publishers Weekly, STARRED review
'A glorious tale of hope in the face of outrage, an anthem of timeless resistance against the powers that would lead us to our worst futures' Ken Liu
'A page-turner and an ambitious feminist lens on the time-traveler story' Kelly Sue DeConnick, screenwriter for Captain Marvel
'Exciting and urgent in the here and now' Saladin Ahmed
'Secret history becomes a thrilling secret war' Nicola Griffith
Terms & Conditions
- This is a prize draw for 100 people to win a WE’RE IN THE WRONG TIMELINE patch. To enter you must ‘follow’ the Orbit Instagram, like the FUTURE OF ANOTHER TIMELINE post and tag a friend.
- The winners will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a member of the Little, Brown team, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The prize draw opens at 12:01 am GMT on 06.03.30 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 30.03.2020. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The winner’s will be emailed before 30.04.2020. The winner may see their name posted on the Company’s (see below)
website and on other websites and social media accounts.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the prize draw either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a Winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the prize draw and delivering any prize and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the prize draw. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize.
- Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
- Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their Privacy Notices to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/assets/HachetteGroup/GDPR/HachetteUKGroupCompanies.pdf
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Little, Brown Book Group Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”).
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.