Expert Andrew Hempstead focuses on the best of Victoria and Vancouver Island, helping you plan a more personal and memorable experience
See Your World Your Way with Moon Travel Guides!
Stark mountains, lush rainforest, and a glittering city surrounded by the Pacific. Discover the rugged and the cosmopolitan with Moon Victoria & Vancouver Island.
* Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as "The Best of Vancouver Island," "Family Camping Trip," and "First Nations Highlights"
* Curated advice from Canadian writer Andrew Hempstead, who shares the secrets of this beautiful island with you
* Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
* Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
*Activities and ideas for every traveler: complete one of the world's great coastal hikes, or try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding through protected fjords. Surf the rugged coast, or experience the thrill of hooking a giant salmon. Taste fresh seafood in downtown Victoria and admire the city's timeless architecture. Spend the day in the colorful Butchart Gardens, or learn about the region's natural history at the Royal BC Museum
* In-depth coverage of Victoria, Sidney, Southern Gulf Islands, Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Ucluelet, Pacific Rim National Park, Tofino, Oceanside, the Comox Valley, the Campbell River, Port McNeill, Port Hardy and the Far North, and more
* Background information on the landscape, culture, and neighborhood history
* Essential insight on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book slim enough to fit in your daypack
With Moon Victoria & Vancouver Island's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Expanding your trip? Try Moon British Columbia. Craving more of Canada's incredible wilderness? Check out Moon Banff National Park.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible out on the road. During his travels, he experiences the many and varied delights of Atlantic Canada the same way his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.