Creative Ways to Use Up Leftovers
An Inspiring A – Z of Ingredients and Delicious Ideas
By Suzy Bowler
This book is an A-Z of over 450 possible leftover ingredients and provides smart, interesting, quirky, and delicious ways of using them up. It's for all those who love food but hate waste.
With this book you'll discover great ways of making the most of every scrap of food available, without being forced into the cycle of buying more ingredients just to use up your leftovers. It includes hundreds of suggestions for imaginative, ingredient-inspired cooking that prevents food from going to waste and saves you money.
· Never again leave food to fester because you can't think what to do with it.
· Take advantage of special offers and discover the many ways they can be enjoyed.
· Use even small amounts of food to create a 'cook's treat' or as a tasting sample.
· Enjoy the freedom of impromptu cooking with the ultimate list of essential store cupboard, fridge and freezer basics - you won't have to hit the shops in order to use up what you have.
· Be inspired by hundreds of fun and useful tips including how to turn a lonely bacon rasher into Bacon Salt to sprinkle on poached eggs, roast tomatoes, cheese on toast, or any number of things.
· Try one of the many delicious dishes that can be made with bread, even when stale, from French Toast and Bread Pudding to Panzanella and Skordalia.
Creative Ways to Use Up Leftovers also includes many basic recipes, explains which flavours complement each ingredient and provides useful storage advice to keep your food fresh for longer.
Suzy Bowler is a professional chef and hotelier turned freelance food writer. She spent many years cooking on an island where food supplies were limited and unreliable and became an expert in adapting, using up, and making something out of nothing. Now she shares her know-how of ingredient-inspired cooking with hundreds of suggestions for using every conceivable leftover.
- Other details
- Publication date:
01 Mar 2018
- Page count:
The book is an A-Z of leftover ingredients you are likely to find in your kitchen, and gives topnotch ideas on how to turn them into tomorrow's lunch of supper. There's everything from ideas on how to use up old slices of bread panzanella, skordalia etc to making the most of your last slice of bacon. — Samuel Muston, Independent
The book is an A-Z of leftover ingredients you are likely to find in your kitchen, and gives topnotch ideas on how to turn them into tomorrow's lunch of supper. There's everything from ideas on how to use up old slices of bread panzanella, skordalia etc to making the most of your last slice of bacon.