Management Starts With You
Gain Confidence and Success as a Leader and Manager
By Alan Hester
This book equips managers with the attitudes, beliefs and behaviours that will help them to achieve great results for their team, their organisation and themselves.
Management Starts With You is a wise, honest and practical guide to success in this challenging but fascinating role.
Among many powerful insights we learn that:
. Before we can successfully manage others we first need to manage ourselves.
· Most of us do not naturally know how to manage, but we can learn.
· Life as a manager is easier when we stop thinking about the effect of our actions on ourselves and think instead about their effect on others.
· People don't want to be managed, but they absolutely need the security of being led.
· Being respected is much more important than being liked!
· Traditional time management techniques don't work for managers, so we need to rethink our approach to this most precious of all resources.
· What we focus on we get more of; so we need to focus on the right things.
Alan Hester is a trainer and international author. His first book, Management Starts With You: Gain Confidence and Success as a Leader and Manager, has been translated into Chinese, Arabic and Greek and sold in the US, India, Australia and across Europe. Alan works with individuals and with leaders to increase their confidence, resilience, success and well-being. He formed Alan Hester Associates in 2002, delivering practical, inspirational and interactive workshops to a wide range of people. This book draws on his experiences of working with people recovering from depression and other mental health issues, long-term unemployed adults, people with addiction problems and those who need help to get out of their own way and find a new direction in life.
Alan lives with his wife Eunice, the couple's Golden Retriever and their four cats in Reading, Berkshire. They have a son, Michael, and a daughter, Charlotte. He spends his spare time listening to Bob Dylan albums, supporting Reading FC, watching cricket, gardening, reading and, of course, writing. Get Out Of Your Own Way is his second book.
To find out more about the author's work or to contact him direct for speaking, training or coaching, please visit www.alanhester.co.uk or email him at email@example.com.
- Other details
- Publication date:
03 Mar 2017
- Page count: