The Enterprise Of Death
By Jesse Bullington
An exciting, original and surreal take on medieval Europe through the travels of a female necromancer and her unwilling kidnapper.
As the witch-pyres of the Spanish Inquisition blanket Renaissance Europe in a moral haze, a young African slave is unwillingly apprenticed to an ancient necromancer. Her tormentor has bound her with a curse forged from blood and spirit. But salvation could lie in arcane writings her tutor has hidden on the war-torn continent . . .
Jesse Bullington casts his own macabre spell over the late middle ages in a work that becomes compulsive, amusing and horrifying in quick succession.
Praise for Jesse Bullington's previous work includes:
* 'Darkly funny, profane, erudite, bawdy, and wickedly original' Jeff VanderMeer
* 'As the antithesis of conventional fantasy, this is a tour de force' Telegraph
* 'A quite extraordinary piece ... one of the books of the year' SFRevu.com
* 'Raucous, lewd, and grisly' Esquire
- Other details
- ISBN: 9781841499123
- Publication date: 03 Mar 2011
- Page count: 480
Jesse Bullington spent the bulk of his formative years in rural Pennsylvania, the Netherlands and Tallahassee, Florida. He is a folklore enthusiast who holds a bachelor's degree in History and English Literature from Florida State University. He currently resides in Colorado.